Appendix - Future Enhancements to Stratis Smart Contracts¶
We are committed to continually improving Stratis smart contracts. Future enhancements include:
- Optimizing compiler output to reduce the size of contracts stored on-chain.
- Improvements to the validation output. For example, plans exist to show the line where non-deterministic code has been detected.
- Further integration with Microsoft Visual Studio so live feedback is provided during coding. This will identify potential bugs, non-deterministic code, and also suggest improvements for the smart contract.
- Support for event and logs to facilitate communication between smart contracts and their user interfaces.
- Support for a web3-like front-end library to facilitate communication between smart contracts and web applications.
- Improvements to the testing utilities. This includes the ability to auto-generate a blockchain state and the ability to measure the gas required for a smart contract method call.
- Standard interfaces for common smart contracts. This includes an ERC20-type token interface.
- Native F# support.
- A self-destruct functionality for smart contracts.
- NuGet distribution for common smart contract libraries.